(Costa Rica Surf + Yoga)
Using adventure as a gateway to personal discovery
2019-2020 Mastermind Retreat
Mastermind participants who find adventure as a gateway to personal discovery, can immerse themselves in the 7-day surf and yoga retreat in Costa Rica in collaboration with fellow Certified B Corp, Bodhi Surf + Yoga.
Why meet in-person? Disruption of your daily routine has the power to rejuvenate your body, mind, and spirit. The Institute brings participants together to expand your course-charting and foster new ways of thinking and acting. Break free from old self-defeating patterns or hang-ups. Create the space you need to grow. Build supportive relationships with your peers in a stimulating environment.
Goal 1: Develop a multicultural mindset for each leader’s personal context.
Goal 2: Engage in local community action in a different part of the world to seed global thinking, reflection and awareness of personal impact that leads to a desire to connect and contribute in innovative ways.
Goal 3: Strengthen relationships by idea-sharing, personal support and strategic collaboration to fuel the development of personal leadership action plans.
This retreat provides the backdrop of exploration of mind-body synergy, connection to the natural beauty and community-building. Each day begins with connection to the magic of the ocean and surf lessons. Following surfing, we hold design sessions to develop your leadership action plan. Every day also includes yoga customized to all levels of practice.
Following the retreat, you will have one individual coaching call and team up with your Mastermind-Retreat participants on two team launch calls to create an accountability framework and share your leadership action plan. The Institute wraps with a final session dedicated to celebrating of your journey.
2019 Registration is Closed
2019-2020 Retreat Details
The Mastermind-Retreat Program includes all Mastermind Program sessions and more!
Mastermind Kickstart Module: Strengths & Values
- Welcome Call: week of October 7, 2019
- StrengthsFinder and Values Clarification: October 18-November 8, 2019
- Values Coaching Call: November 11-22, 2019
Mastermind Module 1: Your Strengths in a Team
- Core Program Session: December 4, 2019
- Your Strengths in a Team Booster: December 11, 2019
Mastermind Module 2: Listening Skills to Build Understanding
- Core Program Session: January 8, 2020
- Listening Skills to Build Understanding Booster: January 15, 2020
- Coaching Call Check-In: January 22, 2020
Mastermind Module 3: Cultural Competence & Engaging Across Boundaries
- Core Program Session: February 5, 2020
- Cultural Competence Booster: February 12, 2020
- Team Mastermind Session: February 19, 2020
Mastermind Module 4: Design Thinking & Odyssey Plan
- Core Program Session: March 4, 2020
- Design Thinking Booster: March 11, 2020
Mastermind Module 5: Odyssey Plan Part 2 & System Leadership
- Core Program Session: April 1, 2020
- System Leadership Booster: April 8, 2020
- Team Mastermind Session: April 15, 2020
Additional Modules Included in the Mastermind Retreat
Retreat Module 6: Multi-Sector Collaboration
- Session: May 13, 2020
Retreat Module 7: Trip Briefing
- Session: May 27, 2020
Retreat: Bodhi Surf + Yoga June 6-13, 2020
- Post-Retreat Coaching Call: June 15-26, 2020
Retreat Module 9: Leadership Plan Launch
- Odyssey Plan Launch Call 1: July 1, 2020
- Odyssey Plan Launch Call 2: July 15, 2020
Retreat Module 10: Program Completion/Graduation
- Session: July 29, 2020
2019 Mastermind Program Dates and Costs
2019 Registration is Closed
We envision a global community of creative, resilient, diverse and connected leaders who fully contribute their talents to making the world a better place.
Sign-up to receive the latest news from the Vista Leadership Institute!